- Burris uses lenses with a greater diameter than the competition
- “Signature Select” scopes lenses are 40% larger than the competition in 1” tubes
- “Fullfield II” lenses are 25% larger than the competition in 1” tubes
|BlackTM Diamond||30 mm||15,4 mm|
|Euro Diamond||30 mm||15,4 mm|
|Signature SelectTM||25,4 mm||15,4 mm|
|Fullfield® II ||25,4 mm||13,8 mm|
|Others||30 mm||15 mm|
|Others||25,4 mm||11,0 mm|
- The outer tubes & internal components are extremely robust.
- The adjustment system is:
- steel on steel
- with audible clicks
- Double internal spring force. Every Burris scope has it.
- Posi-Lock is a coil-spring assisted retractable steel post that firmly and & securely locks accuracy into place.
- Once the reticle is zeroed, the covering tube (red) replaces the internal spring (green) & locks the inner tube in place.
- All scopes have one spring that allows the adjustment of the reticle.
- Some of the competition competitors offer a double spring whereas the double spring is the STANDARD for all Burris products.
- As an optional, it’s possible to have the special Posi-Lock system.
- Posi-Lock scopes remain perfectly zeroed year after year even during transportation.
In the closed position, the force of
the spring is substituted by the force of
the steel post on the internal tube of the scope.
|On all rifle scopes: |
- Each scope is filled and purged at least 24 times with high quality, laboratory grade dry nitrogen. Each nitrogen cycle absorbs airborne and residual surface moisture that is evacuated from the scope
- Every scope is individually recoil, water and fogproof tested
- Burris uses specially made quad seals to provide double insurance against leakage
Cross section of
a standard O-Ring
Cross section of
the Burris Quad Seal
- Burris scopes are subjected to extreme recoil tests
- An impact machine is used to measure and duplicate the recoil pulse acceleration and duration
- This machine has been calibrated and verified by an independent laboratory to replicate the wave frequencies and shock impulses that a scope is subjected to
- All Burris optics are proven to be absolutely waterproof
- Each scope is submerged in water with a temperature of 50° C
- The extremely hot water transfers its heat to the scope and the internal nitrogen expends
- 100% testing assures quality
- The nitrogen contained in the scope is:
- of high quality (ultra dry, laboratory grade nitrogen)
- ultra pure
- ultra clean
- To be sure that all airborne moisture and surfaces moisture within a scope is evacuated, testing consists of 24 cycles of
- pressurizing the scope
- subjecting it to a vacuum
- The tests are both cost & time intensive
- The pivoting synthetic inserts guarantee the following key advantages:
- tremendous gripping power
- consistent accuracy
- stress free mounting
- scratch free mounting
- scope value preservation
- 100% ring-to-scope grip with the entire surface area
- Eliminates the need to further work the rings (polishing, brushing)
- The synthetic inserts may be substituted with special Pos-Align Offset inserts
- Allows the decentralization of the scope tube
- Corrects scope-to-bore misalignment without moving the optically-centred lens system, windage or elevation
- May be rotated at any angle to correct the misalignment
- Ideal for the setting of long range rifles
To achieve the best potential of a scope, it’s necessary that all the lenses are “centred”
|The Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle is available on all rifle scopes with high magnification.|
As well as determining the distance, it also helps to compensate for wind drift.
The Ballistic Mil-Dot reticle combines a standard Mil-Dot with a special Burris design on the lower vertical crosshair that automatically compensates for bullet drop.
The scale of reference can be used for better ammunitions on the market. In the scope box there are 30 calibration labels to match your load. Use is fast & accurate.
It is available on numerous rifle scopes of the Black Diamond, Signature & Fullfield II series.
|The Ballistic Plex reticle is possibly the simplest reticle for trajectory compensation. The scale of reference can be used for better ammunitions on the market.|
Use is fast & accurate.
In the scope box there are 30 calibration labels to match your load.
It is available on numerous rifle scopes of the Signature & Fullfield II series.